Friends of Animals Humane Society 1001 Avenue B Cloquet, MN 55720
Phone 218-879-1655 Animal Control 218-428-0379
Hours: Closed Monday Open Tuesday - Friday noon - 6:00pm Saturday & Sunday noon - 4:00pm


My animal is missing. Who do I call?

Depending on where your pet was found, your companion may be waiting for you at one of these locations. 

Please call all shelters to inquire about your missing pet.

·         Friends of Animals in Cloquet (Carlton County): (218) 879-1655

·         City of Duluth Shelter: (218) 723-3259 or (218) 390-2256

·         Animal Allies Humane Society in Duluth: (218) 722-5341

·         Humane Society of Douglas County in South Range: (715) 398-6784

I found a stray. What do I do?

Call the appropriate shelter (listed below) to find out next steps. 

·         Found in Carlton County, call Friends of Animals at 218-879-1655  (We contract with MOST of Carlton County - if we contract with YOUR township or municipality - we will accept strays from your area).  After hours, please contact our Animal Control office at 218-428-0379.

Other areas:

·         Found within the city limits of Duluth: call Animal Control at (218) 723-3259 or (218) 390-2256

·         Found within Hermantown city limits: call Hermantown Police Department at (218) 729-1200

·         Found within Proctor city limits: call Proctor Police Department at (218) 624-7788

·         Found within city limits of Superior: call the City of Superior Humane Officer at (715) 395-7280.

If the animal is friendly, the shelter may ask you to transport the animal to their location.  If an animal is hurt, in danger or aggressive, call 911. ­ When in doubt, do not handle a loose animal; call the police. 

Where can I post info about a lost or found dog?

·         Post a lost, found, or sighting of a dog with Lost Dogs of Minnesota or Lost Dogs of Wisconsin.

·         Post an ad on Craigslist.

·         Place an ad in the Duluth News Tribune, Superior Telegram, Proctor Journal, Hermantown Star or Pine Journal.

My animal is microchipped. How will this help reunite me with my pet?

All stray animals are scanned for a microchip when arriving at a shelter.  The shelter will contact the person whose information is registered to that microchip.  Friends of Animals encourages all pet owners to microchip their companion animal and to keep the information updated to expedite lost pet reunions.  If a microchip has old information, shelters are not able to contact the current owner. 

Friends of Animals offers microchipping for owned animals.  Call (218) 879-1655 to schedule an appointment.  Help shelters reunite you with your lost companion for only 15 minutes and $25. Call today for peace of mind.  You can also inquire about this service with your vet.


Friends of Animals Humane Society

"Until they all have a home..."

Adoption:  218-879-1655     Animal Control:  218-428-0379

Join Our Email List